COVID-19 has impacted the way we live our lives and also how we work together. The pandemic has presented a serious challenge for business returning to work forcing them to rethink their daily operations and how they can create a social distancing office design. Many businesses have already pivoted towards the new normal by introducing measures that will reduce the spread of this virus.
- What are the challenges companies face when returning to the office?
- How can the company make the office a safe environment for their employees to work?
Creating a safe environment for employees
The first stage of reopening the office will involve basic changes to keep employees safe and confident that they can return to their desk. Hygiene and sanitation will be at the heart of workplace planning. Employees desks will now represent a physical separation between colleagues and extra measures will be put in place to ensure the virus doesn’t spread. Here are some examples of the measures been undertaken by companies:
- Face Masks – While face masks may not be mandatory in all cases in the workplace, it is advised that they should be worn.
- Sanitation Stations – This is to ensure employees are regularly keeping their hands clean as hand hygiene is one of the most important ways to prevent the spread of infections.
- Social Distance Signage– Stickers are being integrated around the buildings to reinforce the message that keeping a social distance can help slow the spread of the virus.
- Sneeze Guards/Screens – PVC screens are being assembled to protect employees and customers from saliva droplets, sneezes, or coughs.
Social Distancing Designs
Businesses around the world will be looking to implement social distancing measures around their office. What more can they do to ensure the health and safety of their employees by keeping a safe distance from each other? Companies will be searching for materials that can withstand heavy cleaning, easy-to-maintain and products which are durable.
Designing an office layout which ensures a safe distance between employees is here to stay! Scroll down below to see how your floor can do just that.
Heterogeneous Vinyl Tiles
Heterogeneous tiles meet these requirements for designing an office floor which creates social distancing while maintaining high levels of sanitation. The vinyl tiles will provide you with a baseline for a safer and more hygienic work environment which will be at the forefront of every companies mind.
- Easy to clean and durable
- Very hygienic because it is coated with a bacteriostatic layer
- Comes in a wide variety of designs providing you with thousands of possibilities to choose from.
The versatility of carpet tiles offers a plethora of designs providing companies with the opportunity to create safe social distancing designs without compromising style or quality. Carpet tiles are a durable solution for offices which add value and creative designs for your offices.
- Perfectly suited for highlighting functional zones!
- Available in 50 x 50 cm so you can combine carpet tiles through different designs or colours to create a social distancing office design.
Luxury Vinyl Tiles
The office has high foot traffic so a floor which is easy-to-maintain is essential. Luxury vinyl tiles (LVT) is the perfect solution for your office space.
- Create zones through different colours, shapes, or textures reassuring to their employees and customers to keep a safe distance from each other.
- Creating a safe office layout will become the norm for companies around the world.
- LVT is easy-to-clean, durable, waterproof and easy to install.
High-Quality Social Distancing Mat
ROC Agencies has introduced a high-quality social distancing mat which can be used instead of floor stickers. Some of the unique benefits are:
- Consistent communication of social distancing rules
- Cost-effective and durable way to demonstrate that you take health and safety seriously
- No replacement needed unlike floor stickers which wear very easily
- Antimicrobial and protectionite PU layer